Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ruffled iTouch Case Tutorial

This tutorial is how to make an iTouch case. I have been wanting a case for my iTouch for a while, so I finally bit the bullet and made one myself! This case takes about 1 hour to make and it will protect your iPod from many dents and scratches. You can adjust the dimensions if you are going to use it for an iPad or iNano.  It will work for any device as a matter of fact.

Let's get to it:

Step 1: Cut your fabric.  The outside, lining, and batting should all be 6.5x5 inches. The ruffle fabric should be 3x8 inches.

Step 2: Sew the outside and batting together. Measure up 1.5 inches on the top and bottom and sew a line. This will help keep the batting in place when you use the case.

Step 3: On the ruffle fabric iron the long sides in 1/4 inch.

Step 4: Sew on the ruffles in the center of the outside fabric.

Step5: This is where it gets a little tricky! You are going to make a sandwich with the zipper on the inside.  Place the outside fabric face up and lay the zipper face down on the top of it. Then add the lining fabric face down and sew a 1/4 inch seam along the edge of the zipper. Repeat with the other side.

This is what it should look like after you have both sides done.  Make sure to open the zipper about halfway.

Step 6: Fold the case open like so. Stitch around all sides leaving a hole at the bottom so you can pull it right side out.

 Step 7: Fold it right side out and stitch up the hole in the bottom. There you have it!

9 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from Eisy Morgan's link party. Love this idea for an iPod case -- hopefully I learn to use my sewing machine well enough to make one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment.. You made my day! I love the tutorial, it makes it look so easy.. and the colors are amazing and summery.. very nice!
    Love
    Hani

    www.craftionary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that it has a zipper. what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness- I love everything about this! The colors and patterns that you used are darling! And you are seriously so cute- love your profile pic! We are your newest followers and we just wanted to thank you so much for linking up to our party! We would love to have you come back again tomorrow for Strut Your Stuff Saturday!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a pretty and cute case! thanks for sharing. have a lovely weekend!


    hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopped over from Funky Polkadot Giraffe. This is such a great tutorial. I look forward to making one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I'm Kassandra from Coffee and their Kisses. I featured this here at my blog. I hope you'll come by and grab a featured button to show how awesome you are :o)

    ReplyDelete

I <3 your comments! I read every one.